29.3.17

Long-lasting foundations for oily skin


Over the past year, I have discovered some foundations that are my go-to every day foundations. I need a foundation that would last me throughout my eight hour shift at work, without making me an oily mess and does not separate on me after a long day.

Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless 30mL | $19.95

I use this foundation almost every single day. It is from the drugstore so it is very affordable for daily use. The matte & poreless foundation is targeted to those who have oily skin and has medium but build-able coverage. I wear the shade 220 Natural Beige which has warm undertone so it is great for those with yellow or golden skin tone.

L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte 35mL | $29.95

I mix this foundation with the Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless to get my desired coverage and look on my skin. This foundation is very matte so I mix it in with the matte & poreless to give my skin a bit of life, instead of looking so flat. I love how this foundation comes in a squeeze tube so you can control how much foundation you are using. The shade range isn't that great, most of them have a pink undertone. I wear the shade 24 Golden Beige which is the closest shade to my skin tone.

MAC Studio Fix 30mL | $50 

I have heard nothing but good thing about this foundation prior to purchasing it. The Studio Fix has full coverage and makes my skin look flawless. I usually wear this foundation when I am going clubbing because I know that it would last throughout the whole night. The Studio Fix does have SPF15, however I don't have any issues with flashback. I took this foundation with me when I went to Queensland because I knew how hot and humid it was there. The shade range in this foundation is great. They cater to those who have a pink undertone or a warm undertone. I wear the shade NC30 which has a yellow undertone which is my perfect shade.

NARS Sheer Glow 30mL | $68

The infamous Sheer Glow foundation. This foundation claims to hydrate your skin tone and gives a natural, radiant finish. However I do not find this foundation to make me very oily at the end of the day. It lasts all day on me and makes my skin hydrated. I love their shade range. If you jump on Mecca, they describe each shade with what skin colour and which undertone each shade is for. I wear the shade Stromboli which is for darker tanned, olive and Asian complexion with a golden yellow undertones.

I hope this post helps you oily skin girls. I did mention two high-end foundations and two drugstore foundation to help those who are on a budget or are looking for an alternative. Especially the Maybelline and L'Oreal foundations, you can always get them on sale. I usually get them 50% off at Priceline or Chemist Warehouse.

If you also have oily skin and have any recommendations on a foundation that I should try out, please leave a comment down below. I do not remember the last time I tried out a new foundation and loved.

Much love,
Nhi Archibald x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Life with Nhi Archibald. Design by FCD.