4.27.2017

How to make peanut butter protein balls


One night, I was craving for something sweet but at the same time, I wanted it to be healthy and don't want to devour a whole chocolate block. I have only recently started wanting to be fit again by hitting the gym every day and eating clean. I have been seeing results and I know I am getting stronger - back day are my favourite!

Anyway, I went online to search up a quick and easy recipe on how to make protein balls. I forgot which website I got it off from because I just screen shot the recipe onto my phone. I did a bit of tweaking to the recipe though. If you are a big peanut butter lover like I am, then you will love this! I don't even feel guilty eating this.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup of vanilla or chocolate whey protein (I use BioX Power Whey in Choc Peanut Butter)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 3/4 cup 100% natural crunchy peanut butter (You can use smooth if you'd like)
  • 3 T natural honey
  • 3-4 T liquid (milk or water)

METHOD

  • Combine oats, whey protein, cinnamon, chia seeds in a big bowl
  • Then add the peanut butter and honey
  • Mix through all the ingredients
  • If your mixture isn't sticking, then add a few tablespoon of liquid (milk or water) slowly. You don't want the mixture to be too wet
  • Keep mixing through until all the dry ingredients are combined together
  • Use a tablespoon to grab a bit of the mixture to roll into a ball in the palms of your hand 
I usually just eye ball most of my ingredients but I do follow the recipe. This recipe should usually make 15-20 protein balls. Once you are finished, just store them in the refrigerator. Let me know if you have tried this recipe and if you like them. Hope you enjoy!


Don't forget to follow me on:
Bloglovin | Twitter

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Life with Nhi Archibald. Design by FCD.